The Arts Network for Children and Youth (ANCY) is a national non-profit community arts service organization. ANCY was established by a group of arts practitioners with a vision to develop sustainable arts programming for children and youth in communities across Canada.
The mission of the Arts Network for Children and Youth is to ensure that all children and youth have the opportunity to experience creativity and the arts for their personal growth, social development and community involvement.
We strive to fulfil this mission by:
- Playing a leadership and partnering role in issue and initiatives affecting community-based cultural activity for children and youth in Canada
- Communicating to and supporting the existing arts organizations which work with children and youth
- Assisting the expansion of community-based cultural activity for children and youth in Canada
- Expanding the definition of community cultural programming for children and youth
- Collaborating, sharing and acting as a resource for existing and new programs
- Providing guidance and support to new programs and communities
That all children and youth have access to arts and creative activities in their communities.
Photo credit: Gurvan